Training & Public Speaking
Examples of potential projects:
- Train transit agency staff on real estate basics and development-oriented transit planning
- Speak on sustainable development, TOD, or value capture at an agency offsite or civic leader roundtable
- Deliver workshop to local officials on TOD benefits and best practices
- Advise project planners on the FTA New Starts' Economic Development evaluation
- Teach students about transit planning and real estate development
Sustainable Communities Boot Camp
Served as faculty at Living Cities’ symposium for recipients of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Sustainable Community Challenge Grants. Facilitated TOD-focused workshops and group discussions on local TOD policies.
Green TOD Workshop
Organized international exchange program for UC Berkeley's Center for Environmental Design Research, including producing ‘Sustainable Development’ curriculum, and hosted government officials from Jiaxing, Zhejiang Province, China.
University of Oklahoma symposium and residencies
Curated the University of Oklahoma Institute for Quality Communities biennial symposium for 800 civic leaders interested in hyper-local economic development initiatives. Coordinated week-long residencies during which nationally-recognized experts conducted context-specific workshops in towns and cities across Oklahoma.
University of California-Berkeley Instructor
Oversaw team of six instructors for 150-student introductory course in the Department of City & Regional Planning. Coordinated 150-student undergraduate transportation planning course. Developed course materials, produced assignments, and lectured topics including economic development, transit planning, land use regulation, financial analysis, and TOD implementation.